Ontario Youth Apprenticeship Program
Student Services Counselors: Mrs Fraser, Mrs Timpano, & Mr. McDermott
on request, provide counseling services to students. The counseling may deal with personal, emotional, career and/or academic concerns. The counselors of the Student Services Department are always willing to help students plan ahead by providing:
* counseling for courses, careers, and personal matters.
* interest and aptitude tests
* printed information about jobs, colleges, universities, apprenticeships and other opportunities.
* help in finding jobs.
* referrals to School Board and community agencies for help with individual problems.
Although Student Service counselors try to see every student every semester, students should request an interview at a time best for themselves rather than waiting to be contacted. Students should speak to the Student Service secretary to make an appointment.
Course Change Procedures
Students who wish to make a change in their timetable should:
* consult the subject teacher
* speak to a counselor to receive permission
* complete the appropriate form, have it signed by a parent, and return the form to the counselor.
Students must attend their assigned classes until timetable changes have been formally processed.